Try this chocolate, peanut butter & avocado pudding recipe
If you've never used avocado in a pudding, now is the time to change that. Combine it with chocolate and peanut butter in this super simple recipe for the most deliciously creamy dessert.
Not only is this pudding tasty, it's also nutritious. Cacao contains potent antioxidants that have been proven to prevent cellular damage and reduce the impact of free radicals on our bodies. Peanuts are great sources of protein and healthy fats. And avocados don't just add a creamy texture to the pudding, but also add more healthy fats, folate and carotenoids, which can decrease the risk of disease.
Guilt-free pud, anyone?
- 1.5 ripe avocados
- 1 large ripe banana
- 115g unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 115g salted creamy or crunchy peanut butter + more for topping
- 120ml sweetener of choice i.e. maple syrup, agave, date paste or honey if not vegan (amount will vary with preferred sweetness)
- 60ml almond milk or other non-dairy milk (slightly more if using dates)
- Coconut whipped cream for topping (optional but recommended)
- Add all ingredients except coconut whipped cream to a blender and mix until creamy and smooth. Add more dairy-free milk to help blend if necessary. Add more cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavour and more sweetener of choice if you prefer.
- Divide between six glasses, cover tightly with clingfilm and store in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, top with coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of salted peanut butter.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days, though this delicious pud tastes best when fresh.
READ THIS NEXT: Is chocolate actually healthy?
Recipe originally published at Minimalist Baker.