Guilt-free cauliflower mash
If you're looking to cut back on unhealthy ingredients and lose weight, then mashed potatoes are probably no longer going to be part of your diet. However, if you're looking for a super creamy alternative that still tastes great but without the guilt, then try this healthy option: guilt-free cauliflower mash.
Cauliflower contains a rich mix of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other great nutrients, and its consistency means that it will blend to a smooth and creamy puree without the need to add lots of dairy. All you'll need to add is a small amount of cholesterol-free coconut oil, a few cloves of garlic (which will keep your immune system fighting fit!) and a little salt and pepper to taste. A great alternative to mashed potatoes that's far better for your health!
This recipe serves 2 people.
What will you need?
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What to do?
- Chop the cauliflower, removing the tough stems and the leaves, and put the florets in a large pan of boiling water. Cook the cauliflower until it is tender, and drain.
- Add the cooked cauliflower florets to a blender. Peel and chop the garlic, and add to the cauliflower along with the coconut oil.
- Blend the mixture until you have a smooth puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy as a side dish with your favourite meal!
READ THIS NEXT: Sweet potato brownies recipe