Quick and healthy stir fry
Stir fry might not be the first dish you think of when it comes to balancing your nutrition levels. But this quick and easy recipe means you can enjoy a balanced meal that is packed with flavour. It's difficult to find dishes that can satisfy your nutritional needs while delivering a unique taste, and a stir fry can deliver just that. Best of all, they can normally be made in the matter of minutes.
With the right ingredients, this well-known dish can become your perfect post-workout dinner. Adding chicken provides a brilliant source of lean protein and vitamin B3, especially if you grill it before adding it to the stir fry. Adding sesame seeds to the recipe provides both texture and health benefits to the dish - providing high levels of Selenium, which prevents harmful free radicals from interfering with your muscle growth.
What will you need?
- 250g Chicken Fillets
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Egg-fried Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds
What to do?
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok over a medium heat.
2. Season the chicken liberally and then add it to the pan, searing it for around three minutes on each side.
3. Add in the stir fry vegetables and noodles and fry for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds, mix thoroughly and serve immediately.